We are pleased to announce the publication of a new book by Dr. Joseph L. Allen featuring the photography of Sheryl Lee Wilson.
Promised Place - Precious People
The purpose of the book is to take the reader on a photographic and intellectual journey through Mesoamerica. There are five sections in the book, each with approximately 15 full-page, exquisite photographs and accompanying articles pertaining to the five areas: Land of the Jaredites, Land of Nephi, Land of Zarahemla, Land Bountiful, and Land Northward. There are also 33 full color maps. Two separate books will be produced - one in English and one in Spanish. The Spanish version is still in process.
This book is written for five groups of people:
1. The Maya and other native Americans whose forefathers reached for the heavens in their knowledge of astronomy, mathematics, language, and spirituality.
2. The Jews whose traditions cover a period of several thousand years and whose search for the Messiah is ongoing.
3. The Christians whose commitment to the Christ is paramount, but whose minds are skeptical regarding new scripture.
4. The members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints whose faith is rooted in the Book of Mormon and who have a desire to understand more about the history, culture, and geography of the Book of Mormon.
5. The members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints whose faith has wavered and who have questioned the historicity of the Book of Mormon.
Dr. Joseph L. Allen is an educator, explorer, and historian whose research and travels span half a century, and whose knowledge of the ancient civilizations of Mesoamerica in relation to the Book of Mormon has been his life's quest.
Sheryl Lee Wilson has traveled throughout Mesoamerica with a keen eye capturing on film the essence of America's greatest civilizations. Many of her photos were also included in our book, Exploring the Lands of the Book of Mormon.
The most important message of the Book of Mormon is its declared intent to convince readers that Jesus is the Christ. Knowing about the history, cultural traditions, language, and geography of the Book of Mormon is essential because doing so legitimately supports the fundamental reason for the book's message-that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Savior of the whole earth and that the earth itself testifies to this divine truth.
For those who have enjoyed our previous books, we think you will be pleased with this new publication. The size of the book is 11 x 12 inches and is 204 pages in length.
Normal price for a book of this type would range between $75 and $100 or more. The cost of this book is $68, including shipping and handling in the contiguous United States. To get your copy of this beautiful book with marvelous photographs and inspiring content, call today at 801.226.5200.
This will be a wonderful addition to your Book of Mormon library and a keepsake that you will cherish. It will allow you to Let the Book of Mormon change your life...Again!®